SENIOR POLITICAL STRATEGIST POSITION AVAILABLE
POSITION SUMMARY: California Donor Table and the California Donor Table Fund are looking for a Senior Political Strategist to help develop and implement a long-term strategic funding plan to achieve lasting progressive electoral and governing success in California. We are especially interested in donor advisors, people with experience with individual donors, or funders who are collaborative, highly strategic, and driven and whom have experience in California politics.
The California Donor Table and California Donor Table Fund are aligned political and 501(c)(3) nonprofits, respectively, that bring progressive donors throughout California together to invest in organizations and projects that build power in communities of color and champion social justice public policies in the state. We work within our broad network to deepen connections and align strategies so that progressives around the state are working in partnership toward the same vision of California as a healthy, just place to live with shared economic success and a democracy that works for all people. The tables have aligned over $25 million over the past decade to organizations and candidates building power in communities of color across the state.
We envision this as a Los Angeles area-based position, although the Bay Area is also possible. Other regions might be possible for the right candidate. The Political Strategist will work to advance the state’s progressive movement: creating and supporting partisan and nonpartisan collaborations that connect efforts across issues and communities, and cultivating a network of donors to fund these collaborations.
- Develop and execute regional and statewide individual and institutional donor engagement strategies.
- Develop strategies to build and sustain permanent progressive political infrastructure rooted in communities of color.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain working relationships with local, state, and national progressive organizations.
- Work closely with donors to identify and align key priorities and interests.
- Participate in team building, work planning, systems design, evaluation and budgeting.
- Develop and oversee contracts with key consultants.
- Extensive California and some national travel up to several times a month is required for success in this position.
- Occasional evening and weekend work.
- Passion for and cultural competence regarding women’s, people of color and women of color power building in California.
- At least 5 years experience with high level individual donors, labor unions and/or foundations.
- 7-10 years demonstrated experience in and commitment to community power building, racial and social justice.
- Understanding of various political organizing and giving vehicles, including 501(c)3s, 501(c)4s, PACs and 527s.
- Strong verbal, written and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop, deepen and maintain strong relationships with a variety of progressive stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with many diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work by deadline.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and experience working in a professional Mac office.
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary.
The strategist can be based in the Los Angeles area or Bay Area. If in the LA area, the position will be based out of the person’s home office. If in the Bay Area the position will work out of the organization’s Oakland office.
Salary range is $100,000 to $115,000. Benefits include health, vision, FSA, 401(k), vacation and sick time, and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Resumes will be accepted and reviewed as received, but please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than February 28th, 2019. Please put “Senior Political Strategist” in your email subject line. No phone calls please!